Tuesday, May 31, 2011

33 weeks and counting

We are on the home stretch (at least that's how I choose to look at it)! Only 7 more weeks to go and let me tell you, they can't go by fast enough. It has gotten to the point where there is no more room for Cash to grow or move without kicking a hole in my abdomen. He is truly moving from the time I wake up until after I am long asleep. Don't get me wrong, this is a good sign (at least for me it means I don't have to keep a "Kick Count Card" for the Dr.) But it is unbelievably distracting, uncomfortable, and...amazing.

It's distracting/uncomfortable when:
I'm sitting at my computer and he kicks me so hard I jerk in my seat.
I'm driving on the freeway and it feels like he is scratching on my uterus, literally clawing his way out.
I just went to the bathroom and he kicks me so hard I have to pee again.
I can't be comfortable in any position other than in bed on my side.
I eat a banana and can't breathe because my organs are squished up in my ribs.
I have to wear pants...seriously, screw the elastic waist band. I'm over it.

And it's truly amazing when:
He kicks as I'm talking to him. Almost as if he is responding.
Ryan or Jake can feel him moving around. (sometimes when I'm cuddling with Jake he says "Cashew kicked me in the leg!")
He kicks or moves to the radio, keeping perfect time with the song.
You can see him moving/kicking/synchronized swimming. (It's like that scene from Alien/Spaceballs where that guy is in the diner and his stomach is moving all crazy, then he flops on the bar, and that alien rips out of his stomach...but not like that at all.)

I first started to feel Cash moving back in January, he hasn't stopped since. I don't remember Jake moving around this much. But really nothing about this pregnancy is similar to Jake's.

Even though I am (more than) ready for Cash to GET OUT! I will be patient and let him bake until he is good and ready. Until then I may need to move a futon into my office so I can get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment