Monday, May 23, 2011

Moving AND Nesting. I'm exhausted.

I am two weeks into my 8 months, and getting more uncomfortable as the days pass. At this point in many pregnancies, women are nesting (aka cleaning, shopping, organizing, and various other things to prepare for the baby). I, on the other hand, am moving.

We sold our house two years ago and moved into an extra large rental complete with high ceilings and a large front room perfect for indoor badminton, basketball, and baseball. Very inconveniently we received a note from our landlord that informed us they would be moving back in at the end of our lease: June 30. May I add that my due date is July 19! I have an acquaintance that moved weeks before her child was born and only by the skin of her nose did she get everything ready in time. Knowing this I asked that we move out the month before.

It's really hard to prepare for a rental months in advance. I've discovered that when a home is ready, the owner would rather rent to someone wanting to move that week, not in a month. Needless to say I stressed myself out looking for a house 30 days before move out. All the homes I looked at were either in the wrong area, too small, too big, the landlord asked too personal questions (i.e savings account/checking account/credit card info), or it just didn't feel right. I finally found a house that was a good size, reasonable rent, in a good area, and had a pool! But I quickly talked myself out of it because the master bed was downstairs and the other 3 beds were upstairs. How was that going to work with a 3 year old and baby?! I figured I'd keep looking and put that house on the back burner. 3 (very stressful) weeks later and many searches on Craigslist I decided to go with the first house. So far, I couldn't be happier with my decision.


This was by far the easiest move we've ever had. And I'm not just saying that because I'm pregnant and unable to lift anything. We hired movers (best decision ever!) who allowed me to unpack and clean as we went. I'm happy say that we are completley moved in...that is, except for the baby's room. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment