Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cashew

I have a hard time choosing baby names. I think that people look like their names therefore I'm afraid to settle on a name before I see my kid. What would have happened if I choose Luke instead of Jake, called him that for months and then when he came out changed my mind? Of course I don't think that this is weird if other people settle on names pre-birth. I'm just weird and superstitious. This is also the reason why I don't like to share possible baby names with people. I a) don't really want to hear what you think if you don't like the name I choose (because its probably an uncommon name like Ezekiel-yes, it was considered) and b) there is a very real possibility that I'll change my mind. Just ask my Mom and Ryan. Almost 5 months in and I've "loved" at least 20 names already. This is why I like to choose an obscure name for the fetus-I still need something to call it other than "baby" or "baby A." I think ultrasound pics make babies look like legumes. Jake's fetus name was "Bean" and for a while after he was born he was "Jakey Bean." So this time Mom suggested "Peanut" and for a joke I responded with "Cashew." Guess which name stuck. When Jake is talking to my tummy, saying "good night" or "can't wait to see you" he calls the baby Cashew.
For Christmas Mom found (in her stash of at least 100+) a Beanie Baby named Cashew. A cute, brown, soft bear. Jake saw it this morning and decided he wanted to take Cashew to school. For the record only a small few make Jake's cut for school.


He is such a nice big brother already!

No comments:

Post a Comment